There is so much content flying around on the internet that it’s challenging for brands to stand out through all the noise. When you post something, you never know if it’s reaching the right audience at the right time.
If only there were a way to reach people with characteristics of your ideal audience across a platform that hasover 2.7 billion users.
Oh wait, there is.
Facebook is no longer just a tool for seeing what your grandma is up to. (She’s doing fine BTW; she won $18 at bingo yesterday.) Facebook ads are a goldmine for marketers—if they’re used strategically.
How Do Facebook Ads Work?
Facebook ads work by cutting through the noise and showing your ad on Facebook users’ news feeds. Based on Facebook’s database of profiles and the targeting parameters you set, Facebook will serve your ad to someone who fits your target audience.
There are four main elements that make up a Facebook ad:
- Title: This is the name of the ad campaign.
- Visual: The still image, video, or carousel of images you want to display.
- Copy: The written text alongside your visual.
- Call To Action (CTA): What you’re inviting the audience to do (and the page where they land).
The ads tool also includes a variety of audience segmentation features. You can target by the traditional demographics such as age or location. You can dive in even further to get more specific characteristics such as level of education, job title, or income.
(Currently running an ad that’s targeting millionaire ice cream taste testers. We just want to talk… and learn. 👀)
The magic is in the customization. With a database this huge and enough data to drill down to a hyper-specific group of people, Facebook makes sure you’re reaching your target audience and routing them to your site.
What to Keep in Mind When Making an FB Ad
“Nothing successful ever came from a strategy with no goal,” said every marketer ever.
Before you run off and launch a campaign, you want to establish what your goals are.
Facebook Ads Manager allows marketers to choose one of three goals for their ad. The goals represent three different stages within the sales funnel:
- Awareness: These ads let people know your brand exists and that you’re an option to solve their problems. Facebook optimizes these campaigns to reach as many people as possible.
- Engagement: These ads generate interest and preference with people who are already aware of you. Facebook will optimize these campaigns for the engagement metrics you define.
- Conversions: Conversion ads give viewers who are already interested that final boost to convert. Facebook optimizes these campaigns to convert as much as possible.
You’ll also want to clearly define who your target audience will be. Blasting your content to anyone and everyone isn’t as beneficial as you’d think. The more carefully you define your audience, the more likely you are to choose the targeting parameters that help your ads reach them.
Here are some of the options you can choose when defining your audience in Facebook Ads Manager: – Read more